Sunday, August 4, 2013

Something Clicked

I was discussing the whole vicious weight loss cycle with a friend tonight. You eat something unhealthy, feel guilty, eat even more unhealthy food, feel even more guilty. Rinse, repeat. I have been caught in this cycle over and over and over again in my life.
I thought I was there the other day when I wrote the entry about what happens after 2 weeks. Well guess what? I'm three weeks in and that was basically the only day that I got way off track. Last week I didn't exercise as much but this weekend alone I walked over 4 miles. I picked up a new used weight loss DVD. I finished a weight loss book (Jillian Michaels' "Slim For Life"--was a good easy read!) I didn't go over my calories all weekend.
I don't know what has clicked this time but I'm really glad it has.
I think my 48 hour Facebook break really helped show me that if I put my mind to it, I CAN break out of bad habits and do something that's healthier for me and for my family.
Since I did not get on Facebook at ALL yesterday and not until after the kids went to bed tonight, I got so much accomplished. I finished the book I mentioned. I started organizing the basement. I went hiking. I went for a 2 mile walk. I made delicious meals. I spent a lot of time with Batman and Baby Bug (Monkey was at her dad's new house.) I got a lot accomplished and feel proud of myself.
And I did not miss Facebook at all. Okay maybe in the few minutes before bed when I'd normally be checking it or in the car when Batman was driving. But the rest of the time, when I'd normally be reaching for my phone to check, I did something else. I've never been able to do that before.
Again, something has clicked.
What I really like about this blog is that when I come here to write, I am happy or proud or determined. All POSITIVE things. I haven't focused on how much I suck or been in a woe is me state of mind. If I am stuck, I ask for help. And I recognize that I'm a work in progress and I'm coming along quite nicely.
I'm doing awesome actually.

1 comment:

  1. :) You can do it!! I totally get the cycle..I'm the same way.

    ReplyDelete