Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sharing

Since we are on a tight budget--money-wise AND calorie-wise--Batman and I have started sharing meals when we go out go eat. That's not often these days but somehow did it twice this weekend.
Today we were out running errands around lunch time and were hungry. We decided to go to Qdoba and split a giant burrito and some chips and salsa. It was more than enough for the three of us--I shared mine with Baby Bug. The girl loves her some black beans and rice. We kept the tortilla because, let's face it, it was delicious. I calculated out the calories I consumed in myfitnesspal and was in shock.
For HALF of the burrito and HALF the chips and salsa it was 801 calories. EIGHT HUNDRED AND ONE!
I used to, not often, eat one of these burritos by myself at one sitting. I'm sure most people who go there do just that.
The burrito itself was over 1,000 calories (with cheese and sour cream of course, and the corn salsa)
I'm sure that most places have meals of this magnitude.
The Chinese meal we split was 1202 calories for the portion I consumed. That's nearly my whole day of calories in one meal.
And you know what?
Well two things.
We were more than satisfied with our shared portions
And we were just as satisfied with a 600 calorie meal at home.
So when you go out remember that sharing is caring--for your wallet and your waistline.

1 comment: