Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Honesty

I went over on my calories today because my mom made cake and tuna casserole and I ate it. It was okay--I guess I'm just used to the way I cook and eat anymore, but I love to eat at my mom's when she cooks good food like that. But it leaves me hungry later on because it's a lot of carbs and not enough protein or fiber.

But it's okay because I was supposed to go to the gym tonight and would very easily work off that piece of cake.

My gym buddy canceled and I can't go without her.  (No really, it's her membership, I can't go alone--they won't let me in!)

Still hungry though.

So I ate the last two chocolate chip cookies we had.

And I *ALMOST* decided not to put them into myfitnesspal.  Because if I don't log them, they don't count I guess?

But I put them in there and saw how much I went over my calories.

I was honest with myself.

But you know what? It's not the end of the world. Tomorrow is a new day and I'll eat healthy and I'll get some exercise in and the days will go on.

I will have off days where I eat cake or cookies or pizza or Chinese food.

But I don't eat that way every day and I never will eat that way every day again.

Honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment