Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Do the Achy Leg

Last night at the gym I tried out the Arc Trainer. I had never even really heard of this piece of workout equipment but my workout buddy assured me that I would get a good workout on this. She did not lie. It felt really awkward at first--I couldn't tell if I was going forward or backwards (I guess I really wasn't--more of an up and down motion I think??) It was one of those workouts that I knew I'd be feeling the next day and maybe the day after that.
I was not wrong.
My calves are achy today as are my feet. I know this is in part because I do not have the correct footwear.
I went for a walk tonight and I wasn't walking very fast but my legs were aching and I only did 1 3/4 mile instead of 2 1/2 miles like I normally do. I was in pain.
I feel frustrated because I don't really know what to do at this point.
I do not yet have the money for new shoes and may not have it until next month. I can't go a whole month without working out, but I can't stand the pain in my feet, legs and back.
Anyone have suggestions of good workouts I can do that don't involve my feet? I'm still going to walk, I need the fresh air and peace of mind.
Otherwise my only cardio will consist of doing the Achy Leg.

1 comment:

  1. if it's the same as our arc machines, it's an elliptical, and those pains are completely normal. you can't do them the right way and not feel something from them. after regular use of it, after 2ish weeks, those pains should go away. stick with it!

    ReplyDelete