Saturday, August 3, 2013

Fresh Air

I have this little secret.

I really ENJOY breaking a sweat and being active. Once I get started, I have a hard time stopping.

I never used to enjoy it until I played roller derby for 2 years. After I broke through those first couple of practices, I couldn't get enough of the endorphin rush!!

Sadly now what mostly stops me is time. I squeeze in my exercise during naptime or at night after the kids are in bed. I usually get an hour or two if Baby Bug naps particularly well but I have many other things to do in that time frame so I have to ration my time. But honestly--I could probably spend that whole 1 or 2 hours doing something to get the blood pumping.

Today was one of those days. Batman and I wanted to get a good workout in together but we had Baby Bug. I decided we'd go for a little hike. I could wear Baby Bug in my Mei Tei and off we'd go. Sadly we had tons of other things to do today but I DEMANDED that we squeeze in this activity.

Once we got out there I wanted to spend the day walking through and just enjoying the fresh air. We only got to hike the trails for about an hour before we needed to get back to reality--and Baby Bug had enough of not being able to get down and explore (sorry kiddo, we can't eat bugs and rocks!) I could have walked another hour or two. I just enjoy that feeling of knowing I'm doing my body good by moving around.

Batman and I are both doing pretty well with all of these little lifestyle adjustments. My mom even mentioned that it looked like I lost weight and Batman put on a shirt that used to be a little tight and it fit him much better. So something is changing. Let's keep it going.

I can't wait to get back out into the fresh air again!

No comments:

Post a Comment