Monday, July 22, 2013

Your Shape

We purchased a Kinect for our Xbox 360 in 2011. Shortly thereafter I got pregnant with Baby Bug and my doctor told me I was not allowed to use it for the duration of my pregnancy. Nevermind that up until becoming pregnant with her I had consistenly been doing 4-6 hours of cardio per week in the form of playing roller derby. The dance movements on Dance Central 2 were clearly detrimental to my developing fetus (???) so I didn't really get to enjoy it.
After Baby Bug was born we had a series of unfortunate events that landed us living in someone else's basement and the Kinect in storage collecting dust. 
At any rate, I just recently started using it regularly. Batman and I found a game called "Your Shape" at a used media store.
http://www.amazon.com/Your-Shape-Fitness-Evolved-Xbox-360/dp/B002I0H9WM
The link opens in a new window in case you want to purchase it after my rave review!
Batman and I both have profiles on there and we love using it. It somewhat caters to your health needs and goals and tracks your progress AS you're exercising. It shows calories burned based on the intensity of your workout--it's scanning your body as you're working out. I have done a few personal training sessions on it and a couple of the fitness classes.
I will mix this in with the Dance Central and Kinect Adventures game when I need to squeeze in a short work out. I have a couple of pilates DVD's that I'd like to do as well.
I feel so good after working out. I'm glad that I am making time to do it again. It's no roller derby high, but at least I'm getting my body moving!

No comments:

Post a Comment