Friday, July 26, 2013

It's Not Worth it

Last night Batman and I really wanted ice cream. We haven't really indulged in any desserts in the past two weeks but we both agreed to have a bit of a cheat night and eat some ice cream. It took forever to choose one because we could not believe the calorie content per (teeny tiny) serving size! We kept going back and forth about whether it was worth it or not to even have it, but we did end up having some. We split up pints between last night and tonight though.
What's really tough is the social eating. We went to a BBQ tonight and there was soooo much food. I didn't eat as much as I normally do but it was still more than I have been eating since starting this journey. There were no veggies or fruits, a bunch of cream based dips, chips, baked beans and pasta. The main dishes were dark meat chicken, grilled, with the skin on. And hot dogs.
I could not even begin to enter this stuff into myfitnesspal, so we just won't. But it really made me think about what we have been eating. It's far easier to input single ingredients, or something with five or less ingredients, than it is to put in information for all this processed fattening foods.
And how do I feel tonight? I feel bloated and gross. I'm ready to hit the sack.
The food tasted good but it's really just not worth how I feel right now and the amount of exercise I have to do just to work that off. Hours of exercising for one meal.
Totally not worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment