Monday, July 29, 2013

I was runnin...

Batman made his first goal.
He wants to run a marathon.
Batman doesn't run.

So we have a challenge ahead of us. I'm not sure about a marathon. That seems like a lot. I think we need to start with some smaller runs.

We need to start by ya know, actually running.

Scheduling is hard though. He leaves for work at 6:30 and gets home somewhere between 7pm and 8:30pm, depending on how many hours of overtime he works in a week.

I try to wait and do my exercise with him but I can't wait all the time. Tomorrow night I am going out with a friend to workout at the gym. I'll probably go for a walk too just to get some fresh air. He will be working until probably 7pm, getting home at 8:30 and I am meeting my friend at 9:30. Not ideal but I need to get some workouts in.

So how do we figure this out with his work schedule? Plus we have two kids that we need to consider. I don't know how we're going to make this happen, but I'm open to suggestions!

2 comments:

  1. Start with walk videos in the living room. I highly reccomend leslie sansone. You'll be able to work those into your day, walk a few miles at an aerobic pace, and build up your endurance. Once monkey goes back to school, take bug in a stroller. Download the couch to 5k program on your phones (it's free), and follow it. It's an every other day program that builds on itself. Most importantly, change the mindset from "finding time " to "taking time ". Set an appointment every day like you would a doctor's. Thwre is the same 24 hours everyday ; you choose how to fill it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend Leslie Sansone Walk Away the Pounds, too! I have been doing those since 2000 and that is what helped me shed the weight quickly when I did Weight Watchers. It is what led me to start running. I wish I would have been able to keep those good habits during and after my divorce. I wouldn't be the way I am now!

      Delete