Wednesday, July 24, 2013

The Power of Three

Today was a good day. I had three specific things happen for which I am grateful.

1. I was able to work out several times today for a total of 95 minutes of exercise. This is huge since I basically couldn't even find time to work out 3 times in one week before.

2. I think we finally located a family doctor recommended by a friend. This has been stressing me beyond belief as I don't want to end up with another rude, condescending doctor who acts like he's my father instead of someone I am paying to help me.This new doctor is taking new patients with our insurance starting August 1st so I put a note in my calendar with a reminder set to call her back next week to schedule an appointment asap. Batman has some concerns he wants to address and I'm ready to do the next step in this year of getting myself healthier journey.

3. My menufortheweek.com subscription officially started. I'm excited for the new recipes and so thankful to my dear friend for gifting it to me. I hope that she and I can make and compare recipes and find some good things we like. Her hubby isn't doing so well health wise so we're trying to get him back into tip top shape as well.

There were a few more things too--Batman exercised with me (rather, me with him, since I'd already done 2 workouts but he wanted me to join him so I obliged); I made a good nutritious meal with plenty of leftovers for lunch--and it didn't break the bank; Batman's check was a bit more than we anticipated, leaving us more room to breathe as far as cash goes for food and gas; I was able to email Monkey at camp and she comes home in two days!; and I finished a book. I've been making time to read a lot more lately.  It's important to my self-care I think. I enjoy reading and it relaxes me. It gets my mind working and sparks emotions in me that sometimes I don't let shine through. I've been reading Nicholas Sparks novels so I've been feeling particularly romantic and loving toward Batman.
And, although it's only been nearly two weeks of this new journey, I have more energy and my sex drive is back. Thank goodness. I really missed it (and so did Batman...although his sleep schedule is a bit off these days...)

2 comments:

  1. So glad to hear you're doing so well and feeling better! Keep up the wonderful work!

    -AOrlando

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an AAA+++ sort of day!

    ReplyDelete