Friday, July 19, 2013

Breaking Up Is Hard to Do

I've been discovering more excuses for stuff.
Like I can't exercise unless I have the exact right clothes.
But ya know what? Yesterday I played Kinect Dance Central 2 with Monkey--all while wearing a dress. So take that Excuse Monster--I don't need yoga shorts and a sports bra to get some activity in.

We all know that reaching any big goal or milestone takes tons of little steps and goals. I've set many of these small goals myself--lose 10lbs by such and such date, eat  more vegetables (does that mean one more green bean or ten stalks of celery? lame goal if you ask me--no way to measure it) etc etc. I've been thinking for the past few days about what I want my first goal to be and I've decided.

It's time to break up with the X's.

I've worn clothing with X or XX in it for so long I don't even remember NOT having them in there. Wait, I think briefly in 2006 I was able to get into some size large clothing from Walmart but in my experience their clothing is cut larger, so it was probably an XL in disguise. Even so, I soon went back to having to purchase clothes with the X. I want a permanent separation this time.

So my goal is to be able to go into any store and buy clothing that does not have an X in it. I have no idea how much that is in pounds because it's really going to depend on where I lose the weight and how. More about inches than pounds I suppose.

There are other smaller goals in there but this is my first kinda big one that isn't the one that ends with me losing 50-75lbs.

Breaking up is hard to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment